|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name: | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9
Generic Name: Chlorpheniramine/Phenylephrine/Methscopolamine Syrup (klor-fen-EER-a-meen/fen-ill-EF-rin/meth-skoe-POL-a-meen)
Brand Name: Examples include Dallergy and Extendryl
Dallergy Syrup is used for:
Relieving congestion, sneezing, runny nose, and itchy, watery eyes due to colds, flu, or hay fever. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Dallergy Syrup is an antihistamine, decongestant, and anticholinergic combination. It works by blocking histamine, a substance in the body that causes sneezing, runny nose, and watery eyes. It also relieves nasal congestion by shrinking the nasal mucous membranes, which promotes nasal drainage, and dries the chest by decreasing lung secretions.
Do NOT use Dallergy Syrup if:
- you are allergic to any
ingredient in Dallergy Syrup
- you are taking sodium oxybate (GHB) or you have taken furazolidone or a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (eg, phenelzine) in the last 14 days
- you have narrow-angle glaucoma; a blockage of the bladder, stomach, or intestines; peptic ulcer disease; severe bowel problems (eg, ulcerative colitis); inflammation of the esophagus from reflux disease; difficulty swallowing;
myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness); or uncontrolled bleeding
- you have severe heart disease, severe high blood pressure, severe heart blood vessel problems, a rapid heartbeat, or you are unable to urinate
- you are having an asthma attack
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Dallergy Syrup:
Some medical conditions may interact with Dallergy Syrup. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of diabetes, an enlarged prostate, bladder or kidney problems, high blood pressure, asthma, lung problems (eg, emphysema), nerve problems, heart problems (eg, ischemic heart disease, irregular heartbeat), blood vessel problems, blood clots, stroke, a hiatal hernia, an adrenal gland tumor, increased pressure in the eye, glaucoma, or risk factors for glaucoma, breathing problems during sleep, seizures, trouble urinating, or an overactive thyroid
- if you have diarrhea
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Dallergy Syrup. Tell your health care provider if you are
taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Sodium oxybate (GHB)
because the risk of severe drowsiness or coma may be increased
- Furazolidone or MAOIs (eg, phenelzine) because severe high blood pressure, fast or irregular heartbeat, or seizures may occur
- Alpha-blockers (eg, prazosin), anesthetics (eg, chloroform, lidocaine), anticholinergics (eg, atropine, benztropine, dicyclomine), beta-blockers (eg, propranolol), carbonic anhydrase inhibitors (eg, acetazolamide), diuretics
(eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide), ergotamine, tricyclic antidepressants
(eg, amitriptyline), or urinary alkalinizers (eg, sodium bicarbonate) because they may increase the risk of Dallergy Syrup"s side effects
- Bromocriptine, catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) inhibitors (eg,
entacapone), certain stimulants (eg, doxapram, pseudoephedrine), cocaine, digoxin, droxidopa, or potassium chloride because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Dallergy Syrup
- Clonidine, guanethidine, guanfacine, mecamylamine, methyldopa, and reserpine because their effectiveness may be decreased by Dallergy Syrup
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Dallergy Syrup may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Dallergy Syrup:
Use Dallergy Syrup as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Dallergy Syrup by mouth with or without food.
- Do not take Dallergy Syrup at the same time as antacids, certain medicines for diarrhea (eg, kaolin, pectin, attapulgite, bismuth), or ketoconazole. Take
these medicines 2 or 3 hours before or after you take Dallergy Syrup.
- Use a measuring device marked for medicine dosing. Ask your pharmacist for help if you are unsure of how to measure your dose.
- If you miss a dose of Dallergy Syrup and you are taking it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Dallergy Syrup.
Important safety information:
- Dallergy Syrup may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Dallergy Syrup with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that may cause drowsiness (eg, sleep aids, muscle relaxers) while you
are using Dallergy Syrup; it may add to their effects. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness.
- If your symptoms do not get better within 7 days or if you develop a high fever or persistent headache, check with your doctor.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Dallergy Syrup may cause dry mouth. To relieve dry mouth, suck on sugarless hard candy or ice chips, chew sugarless gum, drink water, or use a saliva substitute.
- Dallergy Syrup may make your eyes more sensitive to sunlight. It may help to wear sunglasses.
- Dallergy Syrup may reduce sweating. Do not become overheated in hot weather or while you are being active; heatstroke may occur.
- Do not take diet or appetite control medicines while you are taking Dallergy Syrup without checking with your doctor.
- Dallergy Syrup has phenylephrine in
it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has phenylephrine in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you have trouble sleeping, ask your doctor or pharmacist about the best time of the day to take Dallergy Syrup.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Dallergy Syrup before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Diabetes patients - Dallergy Syrup may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Dallergy Syrup may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Dallergy Syrup.
- Use Dallergy Syrup with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Dallergy Syrup should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 6 years old; safety and effectiveness in these
children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if Dallergy Syrup can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Dallergy Syrup while you are pregnant. It is not known if Dallergy Syrup is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Dallergy Syrup.
Possible side effects of Dallergy Syrup:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Constipation; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth, nose, or throat; excitability or irritability (especially in children); flushing; headache; nausea; nervousness.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing;
tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blurred vision; clumsiness;
difficulty swallowing; fast or irregular heartbeat; hallucinations;
mental or mood changes; seizures; tremor; trouble sleeping; trouble urinating;
unusual bleeding or bruising; vomiting.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include deep sleep or loss of consciousness; hallucinations; hot or cool skin; irregular heartbeat; irritability, anxiety, or panic; large pupils; numbness or tingling in the arms or legs;
or shallow breathing; vomiting.
Proper storage of Dallergy Syrup:
Store Dallergy Syrup at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F
(15 and 30 degrees C), in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Dallergy Syrup out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Dallergy Syrup, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Dallergy Syrup is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Dallergy Syrup. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
sallergy syrup, xallergy syrup, callergy syrup, fallergy syrup, rallergy syrup, eallergy syrup, dzllergy syrup, dsllergy syrup, dwllergy syrup, dqllergy syrup, daklergy syrup, daplergy syrup, daolergy syrup, dalkergy syrup, dalpergy syrup, daloergy syrup, dallwrgy syrup, dallsrgy syrup, dalldrgy syrup, dallrrgy syrup, dall4rgy syrup, dall3rgy syrup, dalleegy syrup, dalledgy syrup, dallefgy syrup, dalletgy syrup, dalle5gy syrup, dalle4gy syrup, dallerfy syrup, dallervy syrup, dallerby syrup, dallerhy syrup, dalleryy syrup, dallerty syrup, dallergt syrup, dallergg syrup, dallergh syrup, dallergu syrup, dallerg7 syrup, dallerg6 syrup, dallergy ayrup, dallergy zyrup, dallergy xyrup, dallergy dyrup, dallergy eyrup, dallergy wyrup, dallergy strup, dallergy sgrup, dallergy shrup, dallergy surup, dallergy s7rup, dallergy s6rup, dallergy syeup, dallergy sydup, dallergy syfup, dallergy sytup, dallergy sy5up, dallergy sy4up, dallergy syryp, dallergy syrhp, dallergy syrjp, dallergy syrip, dallergy syr8p, dallergy syr7p, dallergy syruo, dallergy syrul, dallergy syru-, dallergy syru0, allergy syrup, dllergy syrup, dalergy syrup, dalergy syrup, dallrgy syrup, dallegy syrup, dallery syrup, dallerg syrup, dallergysyrup, dallergy yrup, dallergy srup, dallergy syup, dallergy syrp, dallergy syru, adllergy syrup, dlalergy syrup, dalelrgy syrup, dallregy syrup, dallegry syrup, dalleryg syrup, dallerg ysyrup, dallergys yrup, dallergy ysrup, dallergy sryup, dallergy syurp, dallergy syrpu, ddallergy syrup, daallergy syrup, dalllergy syrup, dalllergy syrup, dalleergy syrup, dallerrgy syrup, dallerggy syrup, dallergyy syrup, dallergy syrup, dallergy ssyrup, dallergy syyrup, dallergy syrrup, dallergy syruup, dallergy syrupp, etc.