|Drugs search, click the first letter of a drug name: | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 8 | 9
Generic Name: Naloxone/Pentazocine (nal-OX-one/pen-TAZ-oh-seen)
Brand Name: Talwin Nx
Talwin Nx should only be taken by mouth. Life-threatening and sometimes fatal side effects may occur if Talwin Nx is administered by injection.
Talwin Nx is used for:
Treating moderate to severe pain.
Talwin Nx is an analgesic. It works in the brain to decrease pain.
Do NOT use Talwin Nx if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Talwin Nx
- you have diarrhea due to poisoning or to antibiotic medicines
- you are dependent on narcotic medicines
- you are taking sodium oxybate (GHB)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Talwin Nx :
Some medical conditions may interact with Talwin Nx . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any
medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of blood or electrolyte problems, breathing or lung problems (eg, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), high blood pressure, heart problems, underactive thyroid, adrenal gland problems (eg, Addison disease), liver or kidney problems, an enlarged prostate gland, trouble urinating, a blockage of your bladder or urethra, gallbladder problems, the blood disease porphyria, or stomach or intestinal problems (eg, inflammatory bowel disease)
- if you have a history of recent head injury, growths in the brain (eg, tumor), increased
pressure in the brain, seizures, or muscle problems (eg, myasthenia gravis)
- if you have a history of mental or mood problems, suicidal thoughts, or drug or alcohol abuse or dependence
- if you have had a recent heart attack
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Talwin Nx . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Barbiturate anesthetics (eg, thiopental), cimetidine, sibutramine, or sodium oxybate (GHB) because the risk of side effects, including severe drowsiness, severe breathing problems, seizures, or mental or mood changes, may be increased
- Naltrexone because it may decrease Talwin Nx "s effectiveness
- Methadone or narcotic pain medicine (eg, codeine) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Talwin Nx
may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Talwin Nx may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Talwin Nx :
Use Talwin Nx as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Talwin Nx by mouth with or without food.
- If you miss a dose of Talwin Nx and you are taking it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If several hours have passed or if it is nearing time for the next dose, do not double the dose to catch up, unless advised by your health care provider. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Talwin Nx .
Important safety information:
- Talwin Nx may cause drowsiness or dizziness. These effects may be worse if you take it
with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Talwin Nx with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that may cause drowsiness (eg, sleep aids, muscle relaxers) while you are using Talwin Nx ; it may add to their effects. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines may cause drowsiness.
- Talwin Nx may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects. To prevent them, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these effects.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Talwin Nx before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Use Talwin Nx with caution in the
ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially decreased breathing and drowsiness.
- Talwin Nx should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old;
safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if Talwin Nx can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Talwin Nx while you are pregnant. Talwin Nx should be used with extreme caution in women delivering premature infants. It is not known if Talwin Nx is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Talwin Nx , check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Some people who use Talwin Nx for a long time may develop a need to continue taking it. People who take high doses are also at
risk. This is known as DEPENDENCE or addiction.
If you stop taking Talwin Nx suddenly, you may have WITHDRAWAL symptoms. These may include anxiety; diarrhea; fever, runny nose, or sneezing; goose bumps and abnormal skin sensations; nausea; vomiting; pain; rigid muscles;
rapid heartbeat; seeing, hearing or feeling things that are not there; shivering or tremors; sweating; and trouble sleeping.
Possible side effects of Talwin Nx :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; flushing; headache; loss of appetite; nausea; sleeplessness; sweating; vomiting; weakness.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing;
tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); anxiety or nervousness; blurred vision or difficulty focusing your eyes; confusion;
decreased urination; disorientation; fainting; fast heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; hallucination; mental or mood changes (eg, depression);
red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; slow or shallow breathing.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org/findyour.htm), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include excessive drowsiness;
severe dizziness; very slow and shallow breathing; very small pupils.
Proper storage of Talwin Nx :
Store Talwin Nx at 77
degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Talwin Nx out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Talwin Nx , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Talwin Nx is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Talwin Nx . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Issue Date: November 1, 2006
Database Edition 06.4.1.002
Copyright © 2006 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc.
ralwin nx, falwin nx, galwin nx, yalwin nx, 6alwin nx, 5alwin nx, tzlwin nx, tslwin nx, twlwin nx, tqlwin nx, takwin nx, tapwin nx, taowin nx, talqin nx, talain nx, talsin nx, talein nx, tal3in nx, tal2in nx, talwun nx, talwjn nx, talwkn nx, talwon nx, talw9n nx, talw8n nx, talwib nx, talwim nx, talwij nx, talwih nx, talwin bx, talwin mx, talwin jx, talwin hx, talwin nz, talwin nc, talwin nd, talwin ns, alwin nx, tlwin nx, tawin nx, talin nx, talwn nx, talwi nx, talwinnx, talwin x, talwin n, atlwin nx, tlawin nx, tawlin nx, taliwn nx, talwni nx, talwi nnx, talwinn x, talwin xn, ttalwin nx, taalwin nx, tallwin nx, talwwin nx, talwiin nx, talwinn nx, talwin nx, talwin nnx, talwin nxx, etc.